1. Answer as many questions as you can. If you get stuck, go on to the next question.
2. Show All Working.
3. Write each answer in the space provided. The number in brackets is the number of marks for each question.
4. No calculators allowed.
10. i) Write the following decimal numbers in order from smallest to largest:
16. Rio travels directly from A to C at a speed of 80 km/hr.
Harry travels from A to B to C at 100 km/hr.
Fahad travels directly from A to C at 60 km/hr.
i) How long (in hours and minutes)
does each person take?
Rio takes ————— hours ————— Minutes
Harry takes ————— hours ————— Minutes
Fahad takes ————— hours ————— Minutes
17. Here are four hexagons (A, B, C, D) drawn on squared paper.
Write down the number of lines of symmetry for each hexagon.
A. ————— B. ————— C. ————— D. —————
30. Erin builds the four 3-D models A, B, C and D shown below.
She turns each model around into positions 1,2, 3 and 4 shown below.
Match each model A, B, C, D with its new position 1, 2, 3, 4.
A→ ————— B→ ————— C→ ————— D→ —————
YOU HAVE NOW FINISHED SECTION A.
NOTE: THERE ARE NO SECTIONS B OR C.
THE NEXT SECTION IS SECTION D.
DO NOT START THIS SECTION UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN IN SECTION A.
YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO BE ABLE DO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS.
IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER A PARTICULAR QUESTION TRY THE NEXT ONE.
DO AS MUCH QUESTIONS AS YOU CAN.
7. b) Each letter stands for a different number.
The totals for each row and column are shown.
What is the value of each letter?
A = —————
B = —————
C = —————
D = —————