Time allowed: 1 hour 15 minutes
• Please write in pencil.
• Please try all the questions.
If you cannot answer a question, go on to the next one.
• Do your rough working in the space near each question.
Do not rub out your working as you may get marks for it.
• Calculators and rulers are NOT allowed.
6. Write the next two numbers in each sequence:
(a) 98, 92, 86, 80, ———— , ————
(b) 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, ———— , ————
10. Write these decimals in order of size, starting with the smallest:
2.3 2.23 2.303 2.203
Jasper decides to make 36 fairy cakes.
(b) Work out the amount of each ingredient which Jasper needs.
The chocolate icing for 24 cakes uses 60 grams of cocoa powder.
Jasper decides to put chocolate icing on only half of his 36 fairy cakes.
34. In a race, the 4 fastest people were David, Chris, Al and Sam.
Use the following information to work out the order in which they finished:
• David was faster than Al.
• Chris was faster than Sam.
• Al finished 2 places after Chris.
• Sam was not in 3rd place.
Answer: 1st place ————
2nd place ————
3rd place ————
4th place ————
38. In the calculations below, each symbol represents a different number.
Work out the value of each symbol.